preference or not?

yellowtail

i got 2 questions...
i put the tank and stand on my 20 gallon high in my house. it is not exactly level (the little buble in about 1/8" off from center in the leveler). will this cause a problem. the water isnt in yet.
how far away should the tank be from the wall? is it prefenrence?

bang guy

As close to the wall as possible.
Now is the time to level it, fill with fresh water, sit overnight, check the level again, drain tank & adjust level as needed.

yellowtail

Originally posted by Bang Guy
As close to the wall as possible.
Now is the time to level it, fill with fresh water, sit overnight, check the level again, drain tank & adjust level is needed.

1.)is around 8 inches away from the wall ok for a little 20 gallon tank?
2.)is being off by this much(level wise) ok?
3.)would adding more weight to it(ie: adding water) level it out.
4.) i got a hang on skimmer for it so could i fill the tank and see how it works with fresh water or would the fw damage it?

neoreef

If you are on carpet, it might settle, but 50-50 chance it settles in the right direction. I'm with Guy... At least about this.:D

neoreef

Also, I would give it at least 4 inches from the wall, 4.5 inches better. You might want to hang something on the back later, and with this much room, you ought to have enough space.

bang guy

1 - That's going to be fine.
2 - I have no idea how far off it is from your description. The closer to level the better.
3 - It might. It might make it worse. You can't know without adding the weight and measuring.
4 - That's a great plan. FW won't hurt it. It won't skim but you can see how it works.