preferred wattage for BTA

jtoz116

hey,
i recently purchased a tomato clown for my 55 gallon reef tank. I always loved the symbiotic relation clowns and anemones have so I wanted to put a certain anemone for the clown to host. I read the a Bubble Tip was preferred for the tomato clown but wasn't sure. So before i go out and buy a BTA I wanted to know if I have the proper lightning need.
I have 260 watts over a 55 gallon tank. That is 4.7 watts per gallon, or 5 watts. Would that be good lighting for a BTA.
Thanks. any advice is appreciated!

jacknjill

260 watts of what? pc? vho?
i have a 55 gallon with a bubble tip and i think you need metal halides. its possible with other lighting though. thats what ive got (metal halide AND vho) and mine is doing great!

jtoz116

thanks for the quick response. Do you know if I could put any anemone in there that the tomato clown will host. Like maybe a LTA or something.
Thank you

murph145

hey i have a RBTA that i bought like 8-9 months ago it split into 2 about 6 months ago and they both look ready to split again.
i have a 100g tank with only 250 pc lighting they seem to be doing very well with a vibrant red color they dont move around or anything.
i have a tomato clown that i have had in the tank since i got it about 20 months ago and within seconds of putting the RBTA in the tank the clown was all over it. at first i was worried cuz i thought he was trying to eat the anemone cuz he was bitting at it and such.
but he loves both of the anemones he darts back and fortch all day between the two and takes up in one of them for bed time at night its the coolest thing to watch people love it!
i would deffinately reccommend a RBTA i think ur lights should be fine if mine r doing good and splitting