Prizm or CPR?

daisywb

Red Sea Prizm skimmer or CPR bakpak...That is the question hehe
My LFS doesn't seem to think there is much difference in them, they say that both are reliable and effective. The prices vary greatly on between the two so I'm thinking there's gotta be something that my LFS isn't telling me :)
The skimmer will go in a 15 gallon nanoreef tank. I know that this setup is very risky, but I'm aware of the risks and have done tons of research.
What are everyone's opinions on the quality of the skimmers? I definitely don't want to skimp on a skimmer, yet I don't want to spend money that I don't have to. Any info you could give me would be greatly appreciated :D
Happy Holidays,
-Daisy
[ December 18, 2001: Message edited by: DaisyWB ]

ironreef

cpr is better built. I've seen ppl having problems with the prizm impellors. I would go cpr cuz the quality. I've had one for @6yrs no problems CPR1 Prizm is new but they look cheaply built to me. The are pretty small also not much area for contact time. But either probally would be good for a 15g. But cpr pumps are easy to replace or find

mrmaroon

I have a prizm on a 20 and it works well for me. I did have Red Sea send me the new 18 blade impellor, which they did for free. It is a little quieter

donm

My new Prizm has been up and running for two days and I love it. Lots of stuff comming out of my water. It came with the 18 blade impeller so it's pretty quiet.

teog

I have used the prizm for three months now and it works great. I have it on a 30 gallon reef. Mine came with the 18 blade impeller...just my 2 cents!