prizm protien skimmer????

bbreaux1

i am looking at buying a prizm protien skimmer i was just wondering if i need any extra pumps or anything to make it work or does it come with everything i need thanks :)

wicked_clown

I got a prizm. I paid 140$. Its a great hang on skimmer. You should not need anything else. Just keep it clean from time to time.
-Wicked

josh

Hello, I have a question. Does the prizm have a powerhead device to inject water back in? I am not clear how the water gets back into the tank. If so could it replace an existing powerhead?
Thanks
Josh

josh

DB,
Does it have a powerhead to expel the water, I guess what I am asking is if I could use it instead of one of the powerheads I currently use, it might get crowded if I cant'
Thanks
Josh

mlm

It has a waterfall that puts the water back into the tank. It has a powerhead/pump that sucks the water out of the tank and injects air into the skimmer.

crispcritr

you cant use it for a powerhead it does not put out enough water. it comes out more like a waterfall then a powerhead.

josh

Ok thanks all, I think there are a few models that do have a rio pump that acts as a powerhead. I don't think prizm makes them though.
Josh