Prizm Skimmer

fishface

1st time on the board.
I have a 90 Gal with a trickle filter,a aquaclear 500 and an extra 802 powerhead running inside.Would the Prizm skimmer do the job of helping rid some of the wastes?The specs say "up to " 90 gallons. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
BTW I have a 4" picasso and a 12" snowflake right now and am thinking of adding a porcupine puffer in the next few weeks.

Skimmers are constantly overrated as far as tank size go's, IMO, pick a berlin or comparable skimmer rated at 150 or so. Your right at the end of the specturm with that skimmer. Personally, I wouldnt use it on anything higher than a 55 gal.

skipm

It is best for you to get as big of a skimmer as you can afford. It will handle almost anyhting that you throw at it in the first place and as you want to go to a larger tank it can go wth you without having to upgrade your skimmer too. JMO, Skip

seapig

I have the Prizm on a 75 and it pulls lots o' gunk. I think I might add another skimmer in my sump though. Probably a Sealife or turbo. I bought my prizm very recently and mine says its rated up to 100 gal tank. Maybe it's a revised additon??? :eek: