Prizm Users

bdhough

I have a 20 gallon reef. I set up the skimmer on Monday. At first it produced an inordinate amount of bubbles so i turned the flow down so much that its almost closed. I allowed it to run for a couple days with more of a flow and it didn't produce any foam at all. I do use a penguin mini(100gph), but i was under the assumption the skimmer would produce some foam in the first couple days and then stop as the tank was "cleaned".
Maybe my tank is just that clean? I feed daily, dose weekly, have loads of life and corals, and use RO with proper buffers....
My main issue is with all the micro bubbles its producing. If i initialize the skimmer just below the oring in the neck(as the instructions say) then there are WAY to many bubbles. If i turn it down the water level is 3 or 4 inches below the oring.... Any input would be appreciated.

jumpfrog

The prizm is an ok skimmer, especially for a small tank. But, it does take some breaking in. I have two and they each took a week or better before they started acting consistently. Just dial it in so the bubbles are at a very minimum, you will have some, and just deal with it for a week or so. In time it will pass. I know of no other short cut.
Maybe others do.
Good Luck!

infalable

hey bdhough. search for a Prizm thread from Cap'N Pete. I used his procedures and I my Prizm now works great. I was frustrated at first as well. Now I love it. His thread was 7/18/02. Good luck.