pro heat won heaters

gmen

Please tell me about your experience with these. Rumor has it they overheat your tank. I ordered 2 of the 250w heaters by mistake I meant to order something else. Im trying to see if I should sell these or just use them. They are still in the box if someone would want to buy them. I paid close to $60 for the pair i will sell for $45 for both of them. I think they are best used with a seperate temp control system much like a medusa.

krowleey

mines a champ, i got the one with the temp probe no problems very accurate. i never heard of one overheating your tank myself but im sure it has happend just like any heater can. imo they are top of the line

ekclark

I have a 300 watt one that heats my entire 150+ gallon system. They put out some heat. My little probe does not work right and I have it at its lowest possible setting and it keeps things at 78.3 degrees. I would go for it, just make sure you have another way to moniter temp.

broomer5

I also use these titanium heaters on my tanks.
I really like being able to make adjustments at the plug end, instead of the wet end.
I like them and no problems in last 2 years.
Solid State !

krowleey

Originally posted by Kip4130
i use the pro heat II... has the digitial temp readout and the integrated circuit (kinda like a temp controller)
i love mine.. but i had to spend a little time calibrating it
i dont know about the regular model.. but gave my .02c anyway.

Kip how do you calibrate it? curious

B

bluedolphi

Guess I was unlucky.
My 350 watt just stuck on while I was out of town. The tank temp went to over 100 degrees! Just about poached my fish.
I realized the thing was stuck when I immediately turned the adjustment dial to its lowest setting, and the darn thing was still showing a red light (meaning the thing was still in "on" mode).
My unit was only about a month or so old.
I am going to go ahead and purchase another..... in hopes I just received a bad one.
I may go with the digital as it would be nice to be able to see the LED tank temp at a glance.

jeepboy

okay I thought it was also. I have 3 of the pro heat I, and I have noticed that the temp dial is not very accurate, but they do seem to be consistent, so I just use another thermometer and adjust their temp that way.

jeepboy

I don't know if it can be adjusted, never thought to open it up and I rarely read directions. I think I will bring a thermometer to work and calibrate it and then try to adjust the won heaters.

bang guy

Originally posted by BlueDolphi
My 350 watt just stuck on while I was out of town. The tank temp went to over 100 degrees! Just about poached my fish.

I always recommend two smaller heaters just for this reason. If you had a pair of 150 watter heaters I doubt that your temp could get thet high if one of them stuck on.

krowleey

thanks Kip ill check it out. only problem wqith running the two heaters to me is i have enough cords running in and out dont want another lol but i can see your point on not overheating.