Problem spreading through tank

gene80

My Condi and my bubble have recently gotten some redish/brown spots on them. The bubble isn't getting nearly as big as he was when I first got him. I feel like I feed him plenty, the water quality is in line, and he's getting bright light. He's hasn't grown at all since purchase 4 months ago.
I feel like they are both on the way out unless I can figure out what's going on. The spots are small, oval, and brown mainly on two or few bubbles.
Any ideas? Would a picture help?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Gene, I'm going to move your topic to the Reef Forum, where you should get more input. Disease is basically fish diseases.

m0nk

Sounds almost like red flatworms. They practically smother coral and other inverts that require lighting. That's probably why they don't get quite so big anymore and probably why it's not growing (depending on what lighting you actually have). It would be easier to determine the cause for sure though if you could add a pic.

nigerbang

Originally Posted by m0nk
Sounds almost like red flatworms. They practically smother coral and other inverts that require lighting. That's probably why they don't get quite so big anymore and probably why it's not growing (depending on what lighting you actually have). It would be easier to determine the cause for sure though if you could add a pic.
Yup

How about posting some pics if you can, any maybe what equipment that you have as well as some water params..