problem with a zoa....????

doc308

i ordered a 20+ zoa colony frag and unfortunately, it did not come attached to a frag plug--it's just the zoa polpys. They are attached to what I assume is the mat, but of course, with shipping, they are all retracted and curled up so that I cannot tell which side is up (resembles a large blackberry). The flow in my tank is too strong for me to lay it up on the live rock...it will just get blown off.
Any recommendations?

jackri

Superglue gel would be better.... or possibly some veil material until they attach is what I'd recommend.

A

allenk

I think his problem is also that he doesn't know which side to glue down. I would suggest putting in the tank in a protective box. For example, there are the ones that hang over the side of your tank and have slits in the bottom. That way, you could wait for polyps to come out and determine which side is up/down. If you don't have one, you could make one our of a soda bottle or something.

doc308

update:
I decided to do exactly as you mentioned and just put it in a very low flow area where nothing would bother it. A few days ago it came out fully and I quickly picked it up and superglued it to a couple of smal pieces of loose live rock. Then I did the putty+superglue trick and attached the small pieces on the reef.
Thanks!