Problem with Hammer

dfabrikant

Update on Hammer. Not any better. This is what it looks like at night
But then within 5-10 minutes of light:

I have tried to move the hammer lower in the tank for less lighting but I contacted the company of our tank lighting and was told that you can not reduce the lights without taking it apart an physically removing the LEDs. And I was afraid to do that since every other coral in the tank prefers the strong lighting. That is if this is still a problem due to the lights. I tried a coral dip, but nothing so far. Could it be possible that they are dying branches?

jerth6932

One thing, can you shade it at all? So then you dint have to change the lighting, but you will have less direct light hitting it?
Second, I would try to feed it at night when its opened. When mine are struggling, I will feed them at night some mysis and I have yet to lose one all the way. I also use squid, if they get it in, it works well, but they can be really picky towards the squid.

dfabrikant

Just tried to put it in a darker spot in the tank. I will give it a few week and see if it starts getting better than maybe slowly move it up again if it recovers.