Problems with Koran

spyder

I have had a Juv. Koran for about 8 months now and has been doing fine up until about 2 weeks ago. About 2 weeks ago he decide not to eat any more. I got a bit worried that he stopped eating, but his condition and health looked fine.
Yesterday he did not look good at all. Breathing heavy, a few spots that are white (not ick) on his body and tail that look like they are missing scales or the color has disappeared, and his tail and fins seem to be frayed. I don't think any of his tank mates did the fins because the fraying is so symmetrical...evenly frayed.
I have tryed several different foods and he just won't eat. It doesn't appear to be a bacterial or parasite infection, so I didn't want to put him in a hostpital tank and use meds. I have also noticed that he always keeps his mouth open and never closes it. He has gotten to the point where he just wedges himself in between some rocks and just lays there.
Does anyone have any advice on what I can do? I'd really like to save this guy, he is such a good looking fish.

y2says

What are your water conditions? What other livestocks do you have? Mine is doing the same thing and I think it's because of my sailfin tang.

whtrugofy

have you ever heard of latteral line disease? look into t i had one of these fis years ago and lots it to this. good luck