Progress pictures on my 125 Reef Setup

mikegray

hey guys u prolly seen me posting around alot about my sumpfuge i made and all this.. i made my skimmer stand today and i put my sump/fuge in my stand tonight and put my skimmer in it... my Fuge LOA 65watt Light is on the ground not mounted yet.. ill put update when its mounted but take a look so far..
i had to build the skimmer stand because my chamber is 12" high and it is best operated at 6-8" so i know have it sitting 7" under the water line now :)

mikegray

Ordering 2 350watt LCD pro heat titanium heats
mag 18 pump for return
4 Maxijet 1200's
2 bags of 1.5" bio balls (120 balls in each) for overflows
ill update when i get more set up to this.

mikegray

ok heres a update of it plumbed (not glued yet)
all 1" PVC
things u cant see.
Mag 18 used for return
2 350watt heaters next to it in same chamber

mikegray

and then still gotta find a way to run my chords for my 1200's Powerheads out the top.. think i gotta drill holes for the chords to go straight up and out..
yup only 4 maxijet 1200's.. nothing big :)

mikegray

alright. new update: i just picked up my 4 250watt metal halide system and my 2 140watt Superactinic system.. i gotta put it all in my canopy and ill post pics after i go buy a big reflector....
thats it.. im done.. now i gotta get test kits and then my LR and LS and its cycling.

mikegray

here is my LOA 65watt mounted.. found a nice way... its over my 21x17x20 fuge. i hope it will be enoug since its up about 5-6 inches.. i hope i dont need more...

jambi0n

That is lookin sweet Mike.
I'm still trying to set up my sup with PVC pipes and everything else. How many inch PVC pipes are you using? What kind of return pump are you using, and is that a euro reef skimmer?
Post some more pics when everything is all set up and filled.

mikegray

i will post more when its filled.... but im getting my MH and VHOS tomarrow.. ill have pics of those.. but running will be a while still.
its a Euroreef CS802 protein skimmer, umm Return pump is a mag drive 18.
and for drain i used 1" PVC and for the return PVC i used 1" flex spa pvc squid recommended to me... but for inside my overflow i used 1" to 1 1/4" stockman standpipe.
any more questions let me know.

mikegray

woohoo. look what UPS brought me now..
4x250watt MH system
2x140watt VHO system
4x250watt 10k ushio MH bulbs
2x140watt URI SUPER ACTINIC Bulbs
gotta find a place to put these ballasts.. and i need a reflector.... polished aluminum is 300$ here so i either gonna do regular aluminum.. or Stainless steel.... but SS may get too hott...

jamnman

Looking very nice and clean keep up the good work.
Running 4 250w halides tells me you are going to have some heat issues.
What are you going to do to get rid of the heat?

mikegray

ummm lol pray i can get away with it here in the bay area without a chiller.. hoping my big canopy helps.... 14" high. runing fans in the canopy and running fans in the stand above the sump/fuge if needed.. also gonna run a big fan facing my tank LOL....
but right now im not worried about it.. i need to find out where im gonna put these 3 ballasts... theres no room in my room LOL and i dont wanna stack cause they get hot...
and i need to find out what i can make my reflector out of also.. no1 has told me if stainless steel is a bad idea... (polished stainless)

mikegray

316????/ whats that
yea but what about heat... SS gets alot hotter than aluminum right?? which will cause the temp to go up???? or really thin SS wont really matteR?

jamnman

316ss is a high grade of stainless it has the best corrosion resistance.
Being thin I don’t think heat would be much of a difference, you are going to have fans blowing thru the canopy anyway.

mikegray

and should i still put like washed under the relfector to lift it off the wood like a lil bit.. like put 3 washers thick on the back side...

jamnman

Originally Posted by MikeGray
and should i still put like washed under the relfector to lift it off the wood like a lil bit.. like put 3 washers thick on the back side...
That would be a good idea.

mikegray

i mean not a 1 inch off the wood cause that would be alot of washers.. but im thinking just like 2-3 washers so it has SOME air in between it.. ill probably put 2 washers under it.. so its like a 1/4" off the wood or so.