Progression of my tank! (large pics)

sac10918

Here are some pictures of my 24 gallon aquapod HQI. I have been working on getting it up and going for a long long time....
Here is a picture of the tank before I added any new corals. (July)...

Here is a picture after I added a few corals such as the hairy mushroom, the rose coral, and the BTA...

Here it is today. I just went to the LFS last night and got the frogspawn and a few mushrooms....

And a few closeups...

sac10918

Thanks.... I have a great LFS near me that sells fantastic frags.... I love to go there and just get a little something for $10-$15 and add it to the tank!

paintballer768

Very nice coralline! My LFS has that too, but its more like a "this coral is dying, put it in a separate tank" and put 5$ on it. Ive recovered 3 so far, and cant beat the price. I would try a monti cap, if you think your parameters are consistent enough.

sac10918

Thanks for the nice complemetns everyone! I have worked hard to get the tank to this spot... I am soooo happy with the results so far! I cant wait to add a bit more little by little....
I love montipora, and I definately want to give it a try. My LFS has a really nice piece that is already in the cup shape for around $30... I think I might give it a try in a little while, once I save up some more money and get my calcium up to the right level.
I would also like to have a clam someday, but the sandbottom is pretty crowded as it is. My poor rose coral is pushed up against the glass in the corner. I had it in the middle of the tank (near the cave entrance) for a few days but one day I came home from school and it was so big and the anemone was so big that they were touching, so I had to move the rose coral back to its tiny corner. I might need to sell that guy soon....