propagating for auction...

triggerfool

i got a colt coral begging for fragging. Do you all think the auctions on this site would be worth the trouble of fragging and shippig a coral. No one has put a frag up yet, so im hesitant to be the first. Any opinions?

fishfreek

I don't know. As far as the shipping hassle and cost would go to ship a colt frag, you might be better off fragging and selling to LFS. Thats what i do with my xenias. :D I bring in 3 small frags already attached to small piece of L/R rubble, i get a pick of whatever coral he has for sale in his shop. :) I guess i have a pretty sweet deal going for me though. :D Call your LFS and see what they will trade you or give you for in store credit.

fishfood

I would have to agree with fishfreek. try your lfs. I have a finger leather i have fragged twice and need to take them to the lfs. They said they will trade. I fragged them from a frag that i bought as my first coral. I'm sure you could get a fairly decent deal. frag for a frag or a couple frags for a larger coral or fish. That way you don't have to deal with shipping and stuff.

underthesea

That is also what I do with my leathers and also mushroom i bring it to my favorite fish store I can not say local because it is 110 miles one way to this store but it is worth it. He gives me my choice of coral for coral. I can not complain since I am stocking my tank for pretty much free.

fishfood

It is a good way to stock a tank for basically free. When i start up my next tank i'm going to try getting all the coral for free by fragging my leather. The leather i have grows fast enought that i could probably frag him once a month and trade in the frag every month and get a new piece. The problem would be to get that full size coral for $40-60 i would have to wait maybe two months for that price range! How do you frag your shrooms?? I mean they need to be trimmed back in my tank but i don't know how to go about doing it, removing them from the rock is what i want to know how to do, if its possible?