Protein Skimmer and Lights upgrade

cheapfish1

hey im think about buying two things for my setup first is a protein skimmer, just a small hang on back but my question is, does it look like there is enough room to hang on back on my tank. I have found some small ones but anyone have an idea on one that is small enough for this size.
Next is i want to upgrade the lights so as to keep an anemone or something nice, i just dont see how i can with this hood. Is there something i can buy to just stick in the existing hood. or anyone see a easy way to modify it to put some nicer lights on it. Im not looking for metal halides, hoping to find something for under say 150. Any product ideas or mods on this one.
Any comments or ideas Greatly appreciated

jasenhicks

If you want to keep anenomies or anything pretty, 150 for lights wont be enough. A decent power compact will be more than that, and you will need to get rid of your hood.
For the skimmer, id just cut that plastic out on the back there, and get one for hanging on the back. Get as big a skimmer you can afford. You cant over skim, IMO.

cheapfish1

are there any clown hosting anenomes that require N.O. lights? or any product ideas so i can search that great auction site in the sky
ty for the reply

jasenhicks

I dont know of any anenomes that can be ok with NO lighting. I would suggest a single 175W metal halide pendant above your tank if you want to do somthing with anenemoes. That, and it looks like you will need a lot more flow in your tank too. I didnt see any power heads.