Protein skimmer ????bubbles? seaclone 100

jmcdannel

I have a seaclone 100 protein skimmer, it is venturi driven. When the water returns into my tank after going into the protien skimmer it is extremely bubbly. I don't think this is too much of a problem for the inhabitants as oxygen is good for them, but it is not very aesthetically appealing to have a tank filled with a cloud of little bubbles. Has anyone had this problem? If anyone can offer anything that I could do or that they have done with their hang on skimmer if it was producing too many bubbles. thanks a lot

jmcdannel

I would, but it seems like the only way it will work is if it pours out a lot of bubbles. Is it just a bad skimmer?

sweetreef

they do that for a few days are so then bubbles go away as time goes on but i would toss that valve they give you and get a better one i use one on my 20 gallon nano tank...And as well when you feed your fish bubbles will come out as well..How long have you had the skimmer running??

lionfish99

I have the exact same problem!! I need some help too, I just shoved a filter sponge into the pur spout and it minamilized it alot, but not enogh any ideas?

magooo2

I was waiting for the "you get what you pay for comments" b4 I jumped into the fray. It is a inexpensive skimmer,and - times can be tempermental to adjust ,but over all it does the job. I have owned one and found a few things with this skimmer to be fact. 1 If you use any kind of addative such as stress coat , It will cause the excessive bubbles. 2. It takes about 2-3 days for the bubbles to dimminish just from start up. I changed the valve so I could open and close the valve more precisely. That helped alot. I too have used the sponge and that also helped. Give it time and you will se it will come into its own. I know many people on these boards who own and use them. Give it a little bit of time and learn to make small adjustments.

doxboi

Yup the Seaclone 100 does do that. The advice given above is pretty good and correct. Anytime you add any aditive or while feeding, turn your skimmer off for about an hour. Some people may not agreee with this but trust me it works. After an hour turn it back on and you willl be fine. Might need to adjust but it will work. If your seaclone is older and it has been a few days, and still your having the "Holy Smokes that is a alot of bubble" problem, then clean your skimmer. That also worked for me. Replace the spomge on the powerhead, that is a biggie! Over all like it was stated before the Seaclone 100 works but it does need a bit of maintenance. You should be ok.

dmitry

I bought an expensive, and respected, AquaC Remora and it was feeding bubbles into the tank like nobody's business. I tried everything and nothing helped; the AquaC people couldn't figure it out either and eventually gave up. What finally solved the problem was me buying a pre-filter box and installing it today. Voila...no more bubbles. But this thing is huge!

jhill5

do the red sea prizm skimmers have the same issue with bubbles. I am going to buy a skimmer today and I am stuck between the seaclone and Prizm. Which one does everyone recommend, any others.

snipe

Here is something that has helped alot. Mine was the same way when I got it "jebo 180". It takes ventri driven skimmer from 1 hour to a few weeks to break in and stop with the bubbles. Also adjusting the air flow will help.