protein skimmer ( help!)

chad24

I purchased my 75 gal reef tank already set up for about a year. I moved everything ok and the skimmer was placing water over into the waste jug and would bubble alot at times. Now its been atleast 3 weeks to a month and notta, nothing in jug, no bubbles, notta. My question is. Is it broke? Needs cleaned ? Somthing I dont know about thats making it not work? Its plugged in. I can not remember the name of it, but its setting down under my tank in the system, hanging on the side of my amircle 1000 sump. Can any one help? Thanks, Chad

thangbom

um.. kinda got lost in your post but anyhow.. u say it's prodicing lots of tiny bubbles??? if it is then it's working.. maybe u need to raise the water/bubble lvl in the skimmer up some.. also.. how much fish are there in the tank (i mean..if u only have 1 3'' clown fish in a 75 it wont have to much wast in the water).. but anyhow.. try to find out the name brand of the skimmer..

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Did you clean it when you reinstalled it at your house? It should definately be cleaned, as well as the pump.