Protein Skimmer Noobie Question-

lutz493

Hello-
I've just set up my Protein Skimmer.. I own a Prizim Pro Deluxe by the company Red Sea.
I have some questions - I've got it set up currently running. The skimmer is bringing in so much water that its causing a current - The Caulpra is now moving on the rocks.. I know I want current but is this too much?
My other question is I have the collect cup on the top of the skimmer..... So I want that to be filling with water? I have the air going into the skimmer creating the foam in the skimmer... But I can adjust it so it is filling the cup up, barely getting into the cup etc.... This might be stupid question - I am clueless on the skimmer and the manual doesn't do much in letting me know this.
Thank you.

scubamedic

Open the air screw all the way open and leave it. I unscrew it and take it off then put just a little filter floss in there to keep it quite and then thread it back on just enough to hold it.
Give it several days to break in.
Then slowly open the flow control from the closed position. I usually give it a day or so in between each adjustment.
When you get the type of foam you want leave it.
Now it's set.
Then all you have to do is clean the cup and wipe out the throat of the skimmer.