protein skimmer on?

roggy23

you guys haveyour skimmers on 24/7 and if so haveyou noticed a decrease amount of air bubbles produced by the skimmer as time progressed?

flydan

Hey,
There is usually a break-in period for skimmers and the bubbles should decrease over time. Some models need some tweaking of the air/water mix to get it just right.
I have tried two different methods of skimming. 24/7 and skimming at night when the lights are off. I really didn't notice a big difference. Some people believe that by not skimming during the day, especially when feeding corals, that the phytoplankton or what ever else they are using doesn't get skimmed out. Not sure if the final verdict is out on that one.
HTH,
Dan'l

bonghitter

bubbles should stop after breakin period. mine lasted about 5 days. i do get some bubbles during feeding times. i use a remora pro.

roggy23

ok so i should expect to have less bubbles say after a week of having the skimmer on. see my prob was i used the skimmer occasionally but ill just keep it on 24/7 now.

slappy

i get bubbles everytime i clean the skimmer, even after i do water changes, it always goes away after a day or two

roggy23

U GUYS ARE REFERRING TO ALL THE BUBBLES THAT ARE RISING TO THE SURFACE DUE TO THE SKIMMER RIGHT, NOT JUST THE BUBBLES THAT ARE PRODUCED AROUND THE POWERHEAD THAT IS CONNECTED TO THE SKIMMER?