Protein Skimmer Problem

jeff s

Hello, I have a Red Sea Berlin Classic protein skimmer which has water pumped to it from my sump with a Rio 2100 pump. No matter how I adjust the air control it does not seem to produce much frothy foam. Could my problem be the Rio Pump is not pumping a sufficient amount of water to the skimmer? Any input would be appreciated.

broomer5

How long have you had this skimmer installed?
How is the Rio2100 hooked up to the skimmer?
How old is your tank?
What's in the tank?
Brian

D

dwf

My red sea does the same thing but it skims fine. if you get something extra in the tank that needs to come out, say excess stresscoat for example, it will make so much foam and bubbles you'll have to turn the air down for a few days :D

jeff s

Tank is a 65 gallon set up about 5 weeks ago and cycle completed. Rio 2100 is submerged in sump and piped with flex hose to skimmer. Skimmer was installed 5 weeks ago also. Tank contents are; live sand, live rock, 2 percs, 2 banghi cardinals, royal gramma, and various inverts. Thanks

jimi

Jeff how is the tube connected to the skimmer? Is it a direct line or does it go up and over the sump the the skimmer? A rioo 2500 would work better but I dont like rios so I have a mag 7 on mine.