Protein skimmer recommendations

My birthday is coming up,(July 4th), and my parents keep asking me what I want for my birthday. All I really want is enough money so I can move out of my parents basement. :) I was thinking of probably getting a new protein skimmer since mine is complete junk. I have a used Berlin XL skimmer and i've always hated it. It never works correctly. If I clean it thoroughly it will work for a week at most and then it will quit on me. It came with my whole setup when I bought it used almost a year ago. If I get a new skimmer it has to be one that fits in a sump. I don't have room underneath my tank anymore for stuff outside the sump. Obviously a HOB is out of the question to. I was looking at the ETSS Devil Reef skimmer. Anybody have this and have good stories or even horror stories? Throw some recommendations at me. Please!

SWKid,
I've got a EuroReef on one of my systems and it works well. One day, I'll take it off and go refugium only... but, til then, my EuroReef CS6-2 is good enough.
You might want to look into being a crazy skimmerless refugium freak, before you dump a lot of money into a skimmer... just a thought???