Protein skimmer - what type

ninjamini

I have a Protein skimmer that sits in sump. I was thinking of trading it for a hang on. Is there any differences either way in terms of quality?
Here is the one I have:

acrylic51

What size tank and system? Why go with a HOB?? The idea is to decrease the clutter on the tank and hide it when possible.

saltynoob

I have the same question as I think the skimmer I have is screwed up or I am not using it correctly.
I have a 20 gallon tank, and the skimmer is a Current NANO Fussion Skimmer that is suction cupped to the inside of the tank. It is making a ton of small / micro air bubbles. It says that its rated for up to a 30 gallon tank but I am not sure.
Any recomendations for a 20 gallon tank skimmer?

acrylic51

Originally Posted by SaltyNoob
I have the same question as I think the skimmer I have is screwed up or I am not using it correctly.
I have a 20 gallon tank, and the skimmer is a Current NANO Fussion Skimmer that is suction cupped to the inside of the tank. It is making a ton of small / micro air bubbles. It says that its rated for up to a 30 gallon tank but I am not sure.
Any recomendations for a 20 gallon tank skimmer?
Take that Current Nano skimmer and run it over with your car......Worthless IMO....

scsinet

Originally Posted by acrylic51
Take that Current Nano skimmer and run it over with your car......Worthless IMO....
Shawn shawn shawn,
Lots of people put these skimmers to great use, as:
- Pencil holders
- Plant pots
- Cocktail blenders
- Coffee mugs
- Pipe bombs
- Bongs
- And more!
I wonder how many of these you'd need for your 240 gallon :thinking:

al mc

IMHO...Best hang on skimmers are Aqua C Remoras. I have one on my daughter's 32 gallon corner reef and it has performed very well. The 'regular'
sized one would cover the 20 gallon tank, but if there is any question go with the bigger brother known as the Remora 'pro'......

acrylic51

Originally Posted by SCSInet
Shawn shawn shawn,
Lots of people put these skimmers to great use, as:
- Pencil holders
- Plant pots
- Cocktail blenders
- Coffee mugs
- Pipe bombs
- Bongs
- And more!
I wonder how many of these you'd need for your 240 gallon :thinking:
My buddy Dallas that posts here from time to time has 1 that just totally $ucks....I might get it from him and see if I can get it to pull on my system.....

zsqure

Ninjamini, I have the same skimmer (I think). It doesn't seem to do very good. I'd also like to switch to a skimmer that sits outside the sump. (more chaeto room) I've been searching and lurking out here for a while. I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I've got the same concerns.