protein skimmer

frozenfate

so i got this new protein skimmer its a sea clone 100. and i have not been able to get it to work i have tried all i can. was just wonderin if anyone has one of these and if there are any tricks to usein them.

kdfrosty

I have the SeaClone 100. When I first got it it wasnt working at all. I noticed that I had to do fine tuning every day. After about a week it began to produce some foam, just not very much, and not very gunky foam either.
With the summer heat and increased evaporation this skimmer went all haywire. Everytime I lost water due to evaporation, and then added new freshwater I had to adjust the skimmer again. I think I've solved this using an auto top off. The skimmer seems to be producing skimmate pretty regularly now....just not the gunky thick foam that I have seen other skimmers produce.
These skimmers take a while to break in, and constant adjustment. Kind of a pain in the butt if you ask me. I wish I would've spent $75 more and invested in a better protein skimmer.

brolik1

i have the the seaclone 100 and it works fine with me.im gettin foam and it only took 2-3 days to form.i also had some trouble adjusting the air valve.but its a great skimmer