Protein Skimmer

fallout

I'm in the market for a protein skimmer for a 75 Gallon tank with a 20ish gallon sump. The only requirement I have is that the skimmer has a small foot print. I don't have enough room in my sump for a large foot print skimmer.
Anyone have any suggestions?

pbienkiewi

I have the same issues. What I am thinking of doing is having my overflow dump into a 5 gallon bucket. (old salt bucket) Drill a hole into the bucket to the desired height for the skimmer. Then plumb a connector from the bucket to the sump. This will also increase my water volume too.

fallout

I can probably rearrange my pump set up and get a normal size skimmer in my sump, but I just want to see what options are out there.

E

eric b 125

keep in mind that i dont have any experience with these skimmers, but one of my LFS uses them and when i was checking out their sump system the thing was pulling out some real nice skimmate. the marineland skimmers have the pump built-in under the reaction chamber so it make the footprint super small. they are needle-wheel skimmers, which IMO is the best system for the $ you spend. you could do some research on them and see if they fit the bill.

joncat24

Originally Posted by fallout
http:///forum/post/2978600
I'm in the market for a protein skimmer for a 75 Gallon tank with a 20ish gallon sump. The only requirement I have is that the skimmer has a small foot print. I don't have enough room in my sump for a large foot print skimmer.
Anyone have any suggestions?
msx 160