Protein Skimmer

peppy

Help... 100g Uniquarium with built in w/d on the back, came with Venturi Protein skimmer. Just finished cylcle and added clean up crew. I take it I'm supposed plug in the skimmer at this point? It has a little hose coming out of the pump and I'm not too sure where it goes? I don't see anywhere to attach it on the cylinder? I have looked everywhere on line for instructions or diagram and I'm finding nothing, anyone know what I'm talking about?

peppy

That is what that little blue connector is, now that you mention it, a valve. It is a little blue valve with a little knob on top. What am I supposed to do with that?

cboyfan2020

that nob controls how much air is taken in which is relative to the amount of bubble the skimmer produces. I run the one on my CPR wide open. You can adjust it to where the skimmate is wet, dark and stuff. Dont make it too wet and don't make it too dry. The bubbles attach to the waste and then foam up into the collection cup.

peppy

so all your saying is plug in the pump that is attached to the skipper and open the valve a little and I'm in business?

peppy

Plugged it in looked like everything was fine and then it just quit? Nothing happening anymore, got any ideas?