Protein skimmers

malibu599

I have a 46 gallon bowfron and am wishing to upgrade my skimmer. Would you recommend a CPR or a SeaClone?
Thanks

fender

Of the two I would pick the CPR (I assume you are talking about a bakpak). I have heard some good responses about the prizm also.
Out of all the choices for a HOT, the remora would be my pick, but it's the most costly.

niger12

I also agree with the AquaC Remora. I use one and have nothing but good things to say about it. It is the quietest H.O.T. skimmer I have ever heard.

bullshark

Before you buy, check www.euro-reef.com, expensive but literally plug and play. No adjustment, no screwing around. It comes with the pump attached, no guessing. Put it in sump(or get the external) and away you go....
Good luck.

probably not as good as all of the listed skimmers but if it helps i just bought a prizm deluxe for my 37 gallon and its sweet. it takes up virtually no space on the back of the tank and it has really helped my water quality. you can get them for like 70 on ----. cheap and effecient. their good for up to 100 gallons. HTH

niger12

Kipass4130, I have been using my Remora for 3 months now with no decline in efficency. I also have a few friends that have used them for a couple of years with no problem. They say they are good to 120gal, I like them but don't think they would be good on bigger tanks. 75 or smaller and I bileive they are great. The AquaC skimmers don't require any adjustments just periodic cleaning. It works on a water injection system to create foam. The only thing you can do is raise or lower the collection cup to achieve desired foam.

niger12

:D I think my thought on not recomendind a $300-$400 skimmer to somebody getting into the hobbie is they may not stick with it. I have put up tanks and taken them down on several ocasions just because my career kept me away from home a lot. If somebody starts out small and upgrades after time they are probably going to stick it out.
Thanks for reposting the web-site