Protien Skimmer Suggestions Anyone

willcon

Hey i am in need of a new protien skimmer for my 65 gallon reef setup, i was looking at the tunze comline which looks really nice (but hard to find) and also the bakpak if anyof you have one of these brands please let me know what you think.
if you have any suggestions for other model please feel free to post your opinion
(prefferably hang on)
i had the red sea prizm pro deluxe (what trash) it leaked so i had to get anotherone through the warranty and that one leaked also!
Thanks in advance!

thegrog

Both the tunzee and bakpak are good skimmer lines.
I think that the AquaC line of skimmers is one of the best out there in the price range. A AquaC Remora would work great for your tank. Costs under $180 and one of the better skimmers on the market.
As you have found out, the prizms are a low quality skimmer. Not worth their weight in plastic IMO.

escape2thewater

I run the berlin turbo skimmer on both of my tanks, I am very happy with them after having an aquasystems skimmer my lfs sold me 2 years ago that sucked! The pump would crap out on it every six months! Also the berlins have a three chamber design so they seem to skim more crud out of the water IMO. They do offer a hang on back version also I think it should be around 200 bucks or so. Good luck with whatever one you get!
Escape
:happyfish

willcon

Thanks for the input, im prolly going to go with the remora c with the maxi jet pump, or should i go with the mag 3 or what? Thanks! :happyfish :

thegrog

Originally Posted by WillCon
Thanks for the input, im prolly going to go with the remora c with the maxi jet pump, or should i go with the mag 3 or what? Thanks! :happyfish :
Either one would work. Used both pumps and never had a problem with either.

scubanoah

I have the Bak Pak 2R. It works great, a little noisy but works very well. plus a little less expensive than the aqua c.