protien skimmer

fishsitter

I have a 55 gal and have a seaclone skimmer on it and it is a real pain, can never get the tornado going or it takes forever every time i clean it. Does anyone have a suggestion for a better skimmer? I need one outside the tank.

cabin7882

I have a Bak-Pak 2 and it seems to do a great job just a pain to get it to skim, it's just the air valve that needs to be adjusted just right. Also I cleaned it for the first time last night and it was pretty easy! If you buy this let me know about any problems cause I had a few and hopefully I'll be able to help.

oceanists

I was a fan of seaclone , but then came to realise it is junk............... absolute junk , do yourself a big favor and toss it or put it in ----.......

rubberduck

ok i have a 55 too and the aqua c remora is the best skimmer out there for your tank. Get it now and plug it in, within a week it is working at peak porformance. Plz help yourself out and buy one. i love mine.
travis

kelly shaw

thanks for the info. was going to order a seaclone. read your posts and changed my mind. ordered the coralife super skimmer. thanks alot. you probably saved me $100.00

eddie1973

I had a Seaclone, Its a waste of money. I have Coralife SUperskimmer 65, it works great.

chadman

i just bought a sea clone 100 today cause i needed something that did not take up a lot of space....are u guys saying i should just return it?

saltfan

Originally Posted by alyssia
Aqua c remora or coralife super skimmer
Prizms are a joke IMO
Ok, I give, what is wrong with a Prism??? I have one Pro Deluxe, it skims the hll out of my 135g.....The stuff thats in cup looks pretty nasty to me, so what is it with them???

oceanists

Originally Posted by chadman
i just bought a sea clone 100 today cause i needed something that did not take up a lot of space....are u guys saying i should just return it?

Chad , honestly , dont even waste your time setting it up ..... get your money back, you are going to kick yourself if you dont ..... I have a seaclone running right now and no matter what i do i cant get anything pulled out ....... I am looking online for a ASM g-3 , i am 100% positive if you look online you can find a much better skimmer for around the same price , ive seen aquaC at the price of a Seaclone

firedog

I don't have a sea clone but have read reviews online that say they work just fine, but they are hard to get tuned just right. Adjusting the settings is apparently a pain.
I don't know if I would consider them junk. I have that cheap Visi skim or whatever it is called and it works, although I can imagine it is not nearly as good as anything else out there. I just picked up the Red Sea Berlin but haven't set it up yet. I need to get the new tank in order and set up the sump for that.

stone

Originally Posted by SaltFan
Ok, I give, what is wrong with a Prism??? I have one Pro Deluxe, it skims the hll out of my 135g.....The stuff thats in cup looks pretty nasty to me, so what is it with them???

Just do a search on" Prism" skimmers SaltFan and I think you will get the sentiment.
Stone

saltfan

I did, they dont' really give you any good reasons, other than most don't know how to operate them correctly. I am a DIY, and have figured out how to get the thing to work properly, I don't have any trouble with mine, other than the thing need to be in a sump other than a HOB.