protien skimmer

C

cadillac swang

hahhhaha, funny you mention, seaclones are just tricky, you have to adjust them (trust me) to the right setting (looks like a really nice tornado) to get proper skimming going. Dont get frustrated just listen to this, i bought a skimmer before the seaclone cost me $230 for a 100gall to put on my 80 worked fine but now clogs up w/ salt. im now running my seaclone along side and the seaclone is doing way better then this more expensive brand (coralife i believe). so just adjust and maybe you just dont haave nothing to skim in the tank right now, but give it time

bsmith219

i also have a sea clone the pump went out, so i did some research on pumps. i put a rio 800 with the rejuvenation kit on it, and it works way better than the maxi jet. it forms bubbles like a needle wheel. alot cheaper than getting a new skimmer cost me about 30 bucks.

C

cadillac swang

Originally Posted by bsmith219
i also have a sea clone the pump went out, so i did some research on pumps. i put a rio 800 with the rejuvenation kit on it, and it works way better than the maxi jet. it forms bubbles like a needle wheel. alot cheaper than getting a new skimmer cost me about 30 bucks.
good work, yea seaclones are under rated, like i said mine is working better then the expensive one i kinda stopped even messing with it(corallife) when it gets clogged with salt every now and then. but speaking of that when i get home tonite i should unclog it, ahah

buhda_72

I run seaclones in a saltwater fish store and they do very well after they have ran for a week or 2 some I have never had to adjust It made me have second thought about them cause I had always heard how bad they where to adjust I would take one over a prism anyday anymore but I sure LOVE my big Geo At home I dont have to do anything to it it even empties itself in to the drain. now thats a good skimmer I have 2 berlins setup the same way that work good also.