PS3 or Wii? Help me decide...

nyyankeees

With my tax return this year I plan to buy either a PS3 or a Wii for myself. Is one better than the other? What are the pros and cons? Thanx so much!

harris28

Well for the price the Wii is better. I think the Wii is more interactice and gets you more involved in the game which is what it's all about. I guess the real draw back to the Wii is nintendo always seems to gear to the younger crowd. But that isnot really a bad thing.
PS3 is expensive!!! The games are cool but it is also Blue-Ray and that did not seem to take off like HD-DVD like that of the Xbox 360. So if you are getting it for a DVD player as well you might want to think about that. But I do beleive online playing is a blast!
I guess it really depends on what you want it for. If it were me I would go for the Wii
!

bronco300

i agree go with the wii....but i have no comparison since i've never played the ps3....but the wii can be so interactive and can be for anyone young or old with some of the games they've come out with....heck we just got my dad a wii for christmas because he loves the bowling game on there and probably will be addicted now
some games are difficult to play with the way the controllers work...but i like the interactiveness so i'd go with that.

rylan1

it depends on what type of gamer you are. PS3 is probably for the more serious gamer. It also has the Blu-Ray technology. This system is an entire entertainment system.
The Wii is a good system... probably better as far as interactive or group play. You can also play old nintendo games on it... I kind of want it just for Contra and Techmo Bowl.
So the question is what type of games do you like and how will you play it?
I personally would go for the PS3 for myself... would maybe get a Wii for the whole family.

aquaknight

Depends what you're into. The Wii is cool to play with a bunch of friends and all the athletic games that have you playing baseball, golf, running, etc. If you tend to play by yourself, the Wii gets old pretty fast. The PS3 is a stunning piece of equipment, has Blu-Ray which would be nice if you only have a HD-DVD player or a 360 w/HD, or are looking to get into high def. But there's a real lack of games for the PS3. They keep saying there'll be more out, well.... If cost there is the cost difference and depending when you want to pick one up, good luck find a Wii right now (other then almost double on e-bay)...

nyyankeees

I guess it would've helped if I said this in my 1st post....I mostly play RPGs and I actually like violent games(on PS2 God of War 1&2 are my fav.), the more blood the better.
That's why I'm kinda leaning toward the PS3. Just wanted some feedback.

perfectdark

Originally Posted by NYyankeees
I guess it would've helped if I said this in my 1st post....I mostly play RPGs and I actually like violent games(on PS2 God of War 1&2 are my fav.), the more blood the better.
That's why I'm kinda leaning toward the PS3. Just wanted some feedback.
Then PS3 hands down... Game selection will blow Nintendo away especially for what you are into. And as far as graphics go, there is no comparson to Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare right now. I am a die hard playstation fan never got turned on by Xbox, I always thought their controlers were not ergonomically convienient as well as their game selection seemed to be geared toward sports more. THe Wii while I like the whole interactice controller idea just dont produce those hard core games that the PS3 does, and graphically cannot even compare to the PS3. my 2 cents

jtrzerocool

Originally Posted by Rylan1
I kind of want it just for Contra
this is probably one of the BEST games ever made...

rylan1

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
Rylan, get out of my head...

Sorry
PS3 hands down is right... B/w that and a Xbox.. you have to think about what game series you like more. As far as games go... XBox has at least a year to 1 1/2 years on PS3 on game titles. They'll catch up, and I would expect PS3 to have more longevity than the Xbox.

perfectdark

Originally Posted by Rylan1
Sorry
PS3 hands down is right... B/w that and a Xbox.. you have to think about what game series you like more. As far as games go... XBox has at least a year to 1 1/2 years on PS3 on game titles. They'll catch up, and I would expect PS3 to have more longevity than the Xbox.

+1
Too many time I hear people say ohhhh the xbox has sooo many more games than the PS3.. well of course they do they have been out at least a year longer. Compare PS3 titles in a year to Xbox titles now I bet they meet or exceed the Xbox line up. Also keep in mind the game system and the software developers are 2 separate entities. They both have reputations to uphold. So a software company isnt going to go ballzz out and make a game that maxes out the ps3 gaming potential until they are sure that the PS3 can handle it. So there were some launch titles that were not up to the expectations of what we thought. As time passes and the console shows its strengh these companies are going to develop games that will use the full potential of the system and create stunning games. As an example, Socom for PS3 was supposed to be released late fall of 07. It has been pushed back to mid 08. They are re-doing it, I gotta think in light of the new COD4 game there was no way SOCOM would of been able to compete.

kclester

if you are wanting online play get a 360......it has the best online play but if you get on you need to either get the Halo 3 edition or the eilite because the others break alot....but if you arent really into online play than the ps3 is a good choice

perfectdark

Originally Posted by kclester
if you are wanting online play get a 360......it has the best online play but if you get on you need to either get the Halo 3 edition or the eilite because the others break alot....but if you arent really into online play than the ps3 is a good choice
IDK COD4 and SOCOM are friggin incredible online play for the PS system. And you dont have to pay to play online

harris28

Okay for the games you like I would say PS3. However I think the Xbox 360 is better than the PS3. I mean Halo3! Enough said!!!!!!! Plus there is more HD-DVD's than there are Blue-Ray. I know you did not mention the Xbox but for RPG games you cant beat the Xbox IMO.

kclester

cod4 online play for xbox is way better....just my opinion but xbox has always been better than play station. The orignal xbox was better than playstation 2, and now the 360 is better than ps3. but i would say a ps3 would fit you better

aquaknight

Originally Posted by PerfectDark
... I always thought their controlers were not ergonomically convienient as well as their game selection seemed to be geared toward sports more. THe Wii while I like the whole interactice controller idea just dont produce those hard core games that the PS3 does, and graphically cannot even compare to the PS3. my 2 cents
Yea, god forbid you should have to use anything else then a D-pad. The left thumbstick is sooooo much easier to use for xbox. My thumb still pains after all those hours on Gran Turismo using that darn thing...

bjoe23

I have both and i definatly prefer Wii. Wii has better games. But PS3 has better graphics. Wii has fun games (mario,wii sports,.....). I definalty say wii