PS3 owners? How were you able to get yours?

windmill

Rich parents? Savings account? Won the lottery? Armed robbery? Prostitution? Pure luck?
It takes more than what the average person has to own a PS3. Just curious how those that now own one were able to pay that ri-friggin-diculous price.

a2hotz

waited in line for 3 days in the snow and had my dads credit card. payed off though... played mine for a while and sold it in ---- for $3500. took the money and bought a wii. the wii is awsome!

windmill

I want a Wii too. I'll likely end up with one of those before a PS3. But now that I've inherited a small fortune, I can finally afford one whenever I find the

[hr]
Agreed bronco. It's remarkable how moronic a human can be. It's funny and really sad at the same time. Funny because stupidy and idiocy is hilarious, really sad because people are actually THAT stupid, they're not trying real hard or anything, it just comes natural. I don't care how much money I have, I'm not stupid enough to pay above MSRP no matter how bad I want something. Now if I had stupid parents, that'd be a different story.
Those people that do pay MORE than MSRP for anything should be taxed without mercy. If they have enough money to pay MORE than what the manufacturer says it's worth, they have enough money to pay my share of social security and income tax. ----, they should be forced to pay for a textbook for some poor college kid, or forced to pay a teachers vacation time. People with too much money need to be drug out into public and shot, or give up a third their wealth to the less fortunate.......nah, I'd rather see them shot.

a2hotz

agreed... 3500 is rediculous. I only got it to sell it. I know how people are stupid!
It was pretty cool though!

imurnamine

I heard it was a dissapointment.
Some of my friends got one and they said it has issues playing the older PS and PS2 games.
I couldn't live without my PS2 games.

theappe

Originally Posted by ROYAL GANG
LOL! $3500??? i heard the range was from $500-$600
:hilarious :hilarious
Well that is the MSRP on it. You should check out eee bay. PPL are STUPID!!! I would never pay more than its worth. I would just wait till its avail. Those ppl should have the PS3 taken from them and loaded up in a dump truck.

pontius

I watched the PS2, Xbox, 360, and PS3 come out KNOWING that they would be huge profits. and I always say, "well, this time they'll probably have the production numbers right for the release date". when the next Xbox or PS4 comes out, I WILL have one bought and paid for months ahead of time to throw on eeeebaaay.

tanks alot

you didnt need to wait in line. my teacher and his friend went to bestbuy at 11:30 and waited till 11:55 and started to walk to the door by the time they got to the door they just opended the doors and while people where picking up there stuff they just walked right in and bought one.

X

xoxox

$3500, you can get a very high ended computer that will run circles around PS3 for less. Anyone who pays for that is SPOILED!!!

yimmy

yeah my computer could rip around the ps3...I have 4gb ram, intel dualcore 3.73gHZ processor, and 2 radeon 512mb video cards. This was under 3500 and it could blow the ps3 out of the water

a2hotz

even though I made alot of profit, I got lucky. Everyone else has the same idea of putting it on ----. I bet more than 60% of the ps3s bought went straight on eeebbbaayyy. The prices went down FAST!

demartini

I still can't believe someone played that much...I just walked in to target tonight to buy over the hedge and they happened to have some ps3s so I bought one for my brothers xmas gift.They sold out before i left the store...my bf got me a wii they are sooo much cheaper and a lot of fun!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Is there any real graphics difference between 360 and ps3? For those who own both? I just bought a 360 for my son for Christmas and did not see any real difference between the two observing the game monitors at Best Buy.
Also, isn't it a tad crazy to buy a new expensive product before it has been tried and tested in the court of public opinion? These consoles are buggy when they first come out.
I heard one guy who didn't want to waste his time standing in line for 3 days, paid some homeless folks a $100 a day to wait in line for him. Then sold his on the auction site for a hefty profit. LOL Capitalism at its best!

puffer32

I work for GameStop and there are lots of little problems with the ps3. Sony making no profit off of them because there were many kinks that needed to be worked out. To much technology to soon I am told.They are counting on the software sales to make their profits. I am in the refurb area of the GS distrubution, and we see were given the heads up that we will be refurbing lots of ps3's. Good for us, not so good for the consumer I am told.

whitey

Originally Posted by A2hotz
waited in line for 3 days in the snow and had my dads credit card. payed off though... played mine for a while and sold it in ---- for $3500
. took the money and bought a wii. the wii is awsome!

Hmmmm, doubt it.