Public Service Announcement with regard to my stocking recommendations!!!!

rotarymagic

I've told alot of you with newer tanks about how to stock your tank...
Look don't put all the fish in it at once and put pod eaters in LAST and not all at once!
If you want a clown, firefish, etc put that in first to establish the tank and do the pod eaters and sifters last.
TAKE IT SLOW, you're not in a rush, don't crash your tank...
If you're not experienced with stocking, running an ammonia alert badge wouldn't hurt so that you know how your biofilter is keeping up with your livestock... make sure you keep up on your testing everyweek for at least 6months till everything is stable then you could possibly... slack.. some...
Run something to export nutrients i.e. granular ferric oxide like rowaphos or phosban to pull phosphates since microalgae LOVES phosphates, run a fuge if you can with xenia in it and probably chaeto too!!!.. Dragons breath and other nonpest macro algaes in the main tank also work well. If you can't run a fuge, run a HOB skimmer at night to keep pH swings in check. The oxygenation from the skimmer at night will help "buffer" the inherent pH drop from respiration going on in the display tank.
Thanks for your time and consideration, I'm not looking to crash anyone's tank or ruin their experience in saltwater!

spanko

maybe it is up to us as regulars to point beginners whether nano or large tanks to those threads then. IDK just sayin................

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/2784397
maybe it is up to us as regulars to point beginners whether nano or large tanks to those threads then. IDK just sayin................
I'd rather have yalls advice here than in the begginer thread. just imo. besides, yall are so much cooler than them.

spanko

I think we owe it to ourselves, to the new members here and to our tanks to be able to look up answers to our questions on our own, not just rely on people to answer them for us. I know there are times I have found it easier just to ask a question and wait for the answer, but the more I get into the hobby the more I rely on what I can find out on my own.

subielover

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/2784451
I think we owe it to ourselves, to the new members here and to our tanks to be able to look up answers to our questions on our own, not just rely on people to answer them for us. I know there are times I have found it easier just to ask a question and wait for the answer, but the more I get into the hobby the more I rely on what I can find out on my own.
+1 More satisfaction for me personally, although I have probably asked my fair share of noob questions. lol