puffer and eel question

jehu256

i have one porqupine puffer right now and have had
him for half a year or so and he is between 3 and 5 inches long
will he get along with another porqupine puffer if i added one in????
i also have a snowflake and was wondering if his head shakes are normal????

kris

Your puffer is actually one of the few fish of any kind that can get along with it's own kind.
So I'd have to say yes. As far as the eel go, I can't say for sure, but I think some of that is normal.

brencali

My friend and I have had terrible trouble having two porky puffers in the same tank. She has a 240 and we tried to put one puff from our office tank in her big tank. They fought like crazy, round and round, by the mouth fighting -- until we just had to take the "office" puff back out. I think the eel will okay with it, but unless you had two at the same time, I'd be VERY careful.

brencali

My snowflake eel is about two years old, 20 inches long, and he shakes his head often. Just from the little you described, it seems normal.

pancho

YEAH PUFFERS USAULLY GET ALONG FINE, IF YOU DO BY CHANCE GET ANOTHER ONE AND THEY DO FIGHT JUST CHANGE THE DECOR AROUND AND PUT THE PUFFERS IN A BUCKET TOGETHER FOR AN HOUR AND THEN PUT THEM BACK IN. AS FAR AS YOUR EEL GOES ONLY WORRY IF YOU WANT TO ITS NORMAL BEHAVIOR.

grouperhead

More than likely, adding a new pork to a tank with an already established pork will lead to fighting. This in turn can lead to stress, disease outbreak, an even death. Some may get lucky having two porks in a tank, but I wouldn't do it. Bo