puffer gulped air and stuck on surface?

unleashed

just for future refernce in case this does happen again and he cannot get it all out. puffers in captivity can and periodicly need to be burped.this is a somewhat easy process but can be painfull to you if not done properly.trapped air bubbles can creat discomfort in your puffer which can result in over stress and inflations to releave itself unfortunenatly over puffing can be fatal..if you notice his tail raised higher or more frequent floating he could have a bit of air trapped if it does not go away on its own burping may be nessesary to do this trap him in a net gently do not remove him of his face from the water.you must then try to get his head pointing upwards under water small air bubbles wil then be released if he puffs up simply release him when he deflates the air will then be expelled.i have to do this periodicly with my spiney boxfish puffer cus he likes to suck air when he feeds.

S

surfinusa

i wish i still live in fresno whiteys pet shop was awesome but i moved to santa cruz right next to the beach but i want to go to whiteys that was my all time favorite pet store

unleashed

if you cantain him with the net and manuvore him that way it wont be as bad on you or him.I have a spiney boxfish his spikes are always up the entire proccess im saying ouch ouch ouch lol tg it doesnt happen very often