Puffer Problem

saltyben16

:help: Ok the way I have been treating my puffer is a medication called Nox-Ich it is in a bottle this is what we use in our store and it seems to work well but in the case of the puffer it is not working 2 weeks of treatment has not worked every morning I use the medication to what the directions say. Today I have moved my puffer out of the hospital tank and have placed him back with his tank mates a spider crab, pacaso trigger and a unjulated trigger thank thats how yeah spell it but anywhay I put them back together because all are going to be treated. The puffer has the signs of ich but it seems to not bother him. His eyes are milky white to a clouded color I dont know if that is ich or something else the other three have now signs of ich but the pacaso has 4 white dots on his back fin.
Ben

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, when you have ich, all fish must be treated. Please take a look at the FAQ Thread and the topic on ICH.
You will need to find a temporary home for your inverts and LR as treatments for ich are not compatible with theses. You can get a large rubbermaid and put some PHs in them to keep the LR and inverts going.

saltyben16

:) Good news the puffer has been cured of his ich problem! But now I have another problem. My yellow tang is acting strange and so is my red tomato clown they both are lying on the live rock and breathing heavy im thinking its due to stress and will pass but im not sure any help here will be good thanks
Ben

beth

Administrator
Staff member
:nope:
And how was the puffer "cured"? Did you read the FAQ Thread at the top of this forum and the post on ich?