Puffer question

gliuomo

Could you put a Map Puffer and a Porcupine Puffer together in a 100 gallon tank. if not can you put any two puffers together is the same tank

titan

As for your first question NO. Reason being mappa's get huge and the Porc's are not shy in the growth department as well. You could mix a couple tobies in the 100 but keep in mind they are generally un-acceptable of one another. In a tank that size I wouldn't think it wouldn't be an issue. I had the same question in the past and thats the answer I had got.

lion_crazz

Yeah, I would not recommend putting 2 puffers in that sized tank. Two large puffers should not be mixed in general.

S

surfinusa

you could get them small but would need to upgrade in the future at some time because porrcupine puffers grow to like 2 ft. and mappa puffers i dont know how big they get but im guessing around 1 to a foot and a half

johnbob

I had a question about this also. I'm getting a 150(my parents said 300 is too big) in the future and I wanted to mix a porc and a stars and stripes. Since my mom likes both of these she wouldn't mind going up to 180 but thats as big as I can get. Would this be a problem?

S

surfinusa

sounds good i think you could do that but im not sure but i dont see how you couldnt

titan

Originally Posted by surfinusa
sounds good i think you could do that but im not sure but i dont see how you couldnt

Thats the weirdest bit of advice I've ever read...

boalgf

Originally Posted by surfinusa

Do you have any basis at all for making statements like this?

lion_crazz

The kid is 10 years old. He is not really in the position to be giving advice as it is. There are many threads about this though.

lion_crazz

You will most likely have a problem. Puffers do not associate in close enviroments with other puffers very well.

hapshot

Originally Posted by boalgf
Do you have any basis at all for making statements like this?
lol. Kind of like when you disagree with a guy that hand feeds his Telsa eels and call it paintshop and he goes all ballistic on you right boalgf? :thinking:

boalgf

Originally Posted by Hapshot
lol. Kind of like when you disagree with a guy that hand feeds his Telsa eels and call it paintshop and he goes all ballistic on you right boalgf? :thinking:
Are you saying I've done something like that? I remember a thread where someone claimed docs eels were photoshopped. I was not the member who said it though, since I know that doc hand feeds his eels. Really though, you shouldn't take things from other threads in to new ones. Or at least blame the right member.

hapshot

Are you saying I've done something like that? I remember a thread where someone claimed docs eels were photoshopped. I was not the member who said it though, since I know that doc hand feeds his eels. Really though, you shouldn't take things from other threads in to new ones. Or at least blame the right member.

You didn't quite get it. How obvious can I be? I am the guy that called it photoshop.

boalgf

gliuomo, I think your biggest problem is the relatively small tank you've got. If you had something closer to 300, 2 puffers wouldn't be a problem.
Hapshot, you shouldn't hijack threads by bringing up some drama no one cares about.

hapshot

gliuomo, I think your biggest problem is the relatively small tank you've got. If you had something closer to 300, 2 puffers wouldn't be a problem.
Hapshot, you shouldn't hijack threads by bringing up some drama no one cares about.
this thread was going no where in the first place so don't call me a terrorist.