PUFFERS

joelle

i love them i have a immaculate (puffy) lol i kno you are not supposed to get two of aything in tank but i tend to break the rules anyone ever hear of two that get along?

aquaknight

The issue most people don't realize, is the bioload having two puffers would produce. A single puffer already puts out quite the bioload, having two large puffers, would probably be over the amount something like a 75gal could handle without giga-filtration and frequent water changes.
Tank issues aside, a lot depends on the individual puffer. There are some puffers that would be an outright no, like the Starry (Stellatus) or Mappa puffer. But like most things in the hobby, someone's already done, and two puffer tanks aren't that unheard of.
What puffer were you considering mixing in with the Immaculate?

dsmccain

I have a Green Spotted Puffer and a Valentini Puffer that live together in harmony..... to top it off, theres also a starfish in there that they don't even look at

brian95

i had a porc and dog face puffer with blue spot grouper and trigger, foxface and lion all about 6 inchs had to do 10 gal a week to keep water clean. have mag1200gph with proclearwet/dry for a 175 gal and coralife220 skimmer all on 5foot 120. puffers do make good mess