Pump/Powerhead/Plumbing advice, gph and watts important

greenreefer

I'm building a foam wall (not attached to the back) for my 24 gallon aquapod. I plan for it to be an inch off of the back and 2 inches off of the sides. Because the back wall of an aquapod isn't straight I'll have about a 3 inch gap between the foam wall and the back wall in the middle. I'd like to add a powerhead in that space to pull water from behind the wall and push it out in front of the wall. I've come up with a couple options but looking for some advice from a expert :)
option 1: maxijet 900 (8.5 watts, 230 gph) connected to 1/2 inch pvc running under the sand (I have have 2 pillars in the front corners made of pvc and foam) and connected to the pillars to output water without the pump or pvc being visible. Not sure what the submerged 20 inches of pvc will do to the flow or the pump. Will that build head pressure like it would outside of the tank?
option 2: cut a hole in the wall and add a koralia 1 (3.5 watts, 400 gph), seio prop super flow 320 (4.5 watts, 320 gph), seio prop super flow 530 (7.5 watts, 530 gph), or seio super flow 620 (8 watts, 620 gph) behind the wall and blowing out of the hole. Not sure how much clearance (how tight the wall opening can be to the pump) these pumps might need.
My other decision that I need to make is whether to go with a rio hyperflow 6HF (15 watts, 350 gph) or 8HF (30 watts, 550 gph) for a return pump. It will be connected to a SCWD and 2 return lines. The specs say that the SCWD will be 90% efficient with the 8HF and 80% with the 6HF.
All of the pumps are in the same basic ball park price wise so don't take that into consideration. I really just want no visible powerheads in the display and low watts. I plan to have a mixed reef (zoas and SPS). I think that is all of the important factors, so have at it. thanks

greenreefer

think I'm leaning toward a 6HF for the return and 6HF behind the wall connected to the pvc, but it sure would be nice to get some feedback. 30 total watts (same as the 8HF) and 700 gph less the SCWD reduction. Where they he77 is everybody?