Pump?

kas2247

I have a 55gal with a corner overflow & a 20 gal sump underneath. I currently have one pump that pushes the water back up through the overflow. I had a second pump that pushed it over the opposite side of the tank through a U-tube over the top. I bought the whole setup used... both pumps were the same, but neither has a model, make, number, etc. on them. The second pump just quit working and I'd like to replace it because my tank had much better flow when I was running 2 pumps. Can anyone suggest a pump or GPH that I should be looking for when replacing this second pump? Thanks in advance!

integral9

If both pumps sat in the sump, get a Mag 7. I think you want to aim for 500GPH of flow, but you'll have about 3' or more head pressure which will knock a Mag7 (700GPH) down to about 480GPH or less.
If you post a pic of the pump, someone here might know what it is.

kas2247

Thanks, Integral.
I already threw away the dead pump, but if I can get into my sump and maneuver through all of the equipment, I might be able to get a picture of the working one. I'll see what I can do and I'll look into the Mag 7. Thanks again!