Purple Algae?

drpraetorius

I hve had fish in my aquarium for a week now and have noticed a little bit of red algae in my tank, which is suspected. But I noticed there is a little bit of a purple algae looking stuff on by crushed coral bottom. Any ideas as to what it is?
DrPraetorius

P

pa reef pig

Purple algae is Coraline Algae. That is good stuff. If will eventually cover alot of the rock and glass. It helps keep the undesireable algae from growing.

drpraetorius

I have no live rock. It is a fish only tank with crushed coral bottom. Also, there is a little bit of black and green substances growing. What is it and how do I get rid of it?!:mad:
DrPraetorius

david s

we need a little more info like what type of filter undergravle how much circulation is the proper circulation at bottom and what are your water peramiters I am thinking high nitrite maybe nitrate ?? your tank is probubly cycling but need water peramiters to tell if it is a problem

drpraetorius

I checked my parameters and they seemed to be all close to zero. Even the Ph is correct. My filtration is undergravel as well as a penguin bio wheel. Anything I should do?
DrPraetorius

david s

in a fish only if your water peramtiters are good then you are ok if its cyno then how old are your bulbs and check your circulation if the green and black could be regular algie again could be bulbs and I would bring your water to lfs and test for phospate if you are getting alot of green or black algie but all in all in a fish only if your water test ok and you do a regular water changes your fine

phishyface

:) See, I new you would be ok, what did I tell you?!?! You're doing everything right and you're taking perfect care of your tank. Smile and just enjoy the view from here on out. :p