Purple Colt Coral Frags

R

rockcod5

I have two 3-4 " purple colt coral frags for sale. Make offer??

R

rockcod5

I will post a pic tommorrow. are you affering twenty for both or for one? I would like to sell them together.

R

rockcod5

I will sell both for $25 as long as you guys pay shipping. Since you guys are from Dallas and I'm a Cowboy fan I will give you a break basically 2 for 1.. email me and we can do the deal at THEROCK5@AOL.COM.

R

rockcod5

Here is a pic of the baby colt corals. The one on the right is the parent coral. The ones for sale are the little ones that are attached to the big rock (not included) in the middle next to the polyps.

R

rockcod5

Rubberduck colt corals are still for sale $20 for both and you pay the shipping let me know.

R

rockcod5

I will take a better pic for you. Under my lighting they look lie a light purple. Give me your email and I will send you one. It's hard to post a good pic on this site.

saltydog

How did you get them attached? I've not had much luck propogating my Colt..Its huge and I need to trim it back.
-Salty

R

rockcod5

Since my colt coral is very large I'm able to split it right at the base where it is attached to the rock. Then what you want to do is poke a tooth pick through the base of the coral and then use rubber bands to hold it by the tooth pick to the rock. It takes about two weeks before it wil attach itself. If you go to the interent there are alot of websites with illustrations on how to do this. Once you have a good healthy coral then it is easy to split. I reccomend using a fairly large coral first. As you can see from the picture mine is about 14" with several healthy brances. Hope this helps.

saltydog

Thanks for the reply. I've tried toothpicks, rubberbands, branches under live rock...they just don't seem to attach. I'll keep at it. Thanks again. Salty