purple tang problem. please help

saltylake

has anyone ever used that product for ich called Rally? My purple tang still has ich all over it and it is constantly eating and it doesnt scratch on any rocks... Very wierd.... i dont have a quarentine tank. what is your opinion on that product rally. I have a 55 reef. All the perameters are great 0 PPM. thanks and any replys would be grealty appreciated!!!

opazen

I have not used this product but I can tell you from my recent personal experience that garlic is the way to go. My blue tang was eating and not scratching and had ich real bad I bought kyolic garlic suppliment from GNC, soaked the food, and he was better the next morning. Ive heard that it is reef safe and I expeirienced nothing but good things. My tang is perfectly healthy now you should try it.

saltylake

opa thank you for your reply. I have heard that garlic is kind of not really a remedy. I am willing to try anything at this point to get rid of the ich. Has anyone here used the product "RALLY". thank you

saltylake

anthem I cant remove the tang from the tank. I have tried but it would require me removing all the rock from the tank.
thanks

tuckermojo

i agree with opazen...garlic is great for curing ich...its natrual too...no harsh chemicals...give it a try...

saltylake

Well i proceeded to cut up a nice piece of garlic and soaked the reef plus cube in the juice. I added some small pieces of the garlic to the food and gave it to my fish this morning. My fish ate all the food and hopefully this procedure will help out my purple tang.
How often should I treat with Garlic? How much Garlic? Do you put pieces of garlic in the food or only the juice?
thank you and have a great day.

saltylake

Well i proceeded to cut up a nice piece of garlic and soaked the reef plus cube in the juice. I added some small pieces of the garlic to the food and gave it to my fish this morning. My fish ate all the food and hopefully this procedure will help out my purple tang.
How often should I treat with Garlic? How much Garlic? Do you put pieces of garlic in the food or only the juice?
thank you and have a great day.

saltylake

anthem if i manage to remove it from the tank, what set up should i do for a hospital tank and how long do i need to keep the tang in the tank? how big of a tank and how much copper? power head, obviously, lighting?
thanks

chrisrench

My purple tang got ich a few weeks ago. I used "Marine Max" ich remover and I also turned up the temperature on the tank to 85. In 3 days he was fine. I think the temperature had more to do with the recovery than the ich remover because I had been using it for several days prior to turning the temperature up and it did nothing. Try turning the temp up for a few days and see what happens.

saltylake

thank you Anthem, I am going to try the hospital tank... How many days should i treat the hospital tank with cooper? Also do i run the risk when i put the fish back in the tank that it is going to get ich agian? If the other fish arent showing ich, what should i do with them?