Purple Tang With Other Tangs ???

ivasawajin

i have a 230G reef with 6 tangs including a yellow tang a brown tang and a sailfin tang , if i add a bigger sized Purple Tang will it work ??? or the other will attack ??? and if it does work will the bigger one attack the others when his established ???

tangs rule

I have 6 tangs in a 475, and that's all of that species I can have in a tank that size....You have 6 tangs in somthing 1/2 the size - your overstocked! Didn't I see a post by you on low Oxygen levels last week? - Ozone is not the answer - fewer fish are....Downsize your stocking and improve life for the ones you've got..jeez

btldreef

The answer is you're overstocked. Which means it's much more likely than usual that there is going to be aggression.

tangs rule

230 gal.......44 fish..... and like 6 are tangs......it's a concentration camp, not a fish tank......
And with pruple tangs being more agressive than others, it's likely there will be some agression, one way or the other....By the way, is the OP aware that tangs grow to 5-6" minimum, with some species reaching 12" and MORE...

ironeagle2006

I had a Yellow and a Purple in a 150 and ended up with only a Purple. The Purple is the DEVIL IN SALTWATER Fish. My Niger Trigger and my Tessalated Eel were Afarid of the Purple Tang. That give you a clue on them.