Purple Up usage.

snaredrum

Can someone give me an idea if purple up works and how well. I have good coraline starting now and would like to have more.

scsinet

With proper calcium levels it will grow on it's own. I don't like to dump stuff in that's not needed.

joncat24

agree with previous two posts...it will raise calcium but also it is bad on your balance of calc, alk , and ph
It will come over time

kanicky

We used a bottle for two months and never saw a real big difference. Just keep your calcium up and you'll be fine.

chinpokomon

I agree with everyone else the less stuff you add for no good reason the better. If you want more I would suggest trying to fine some small pieces of LR with heavy encrustation (rubble if possible it’s cheaper). I find most of my growth accelerates in areas of higher flow, by placing some “seeds” in the proper places you can help jumpstart your growth. If you know someone else with heavy glass encrustation they could vacuum up a scraping for you to add to your tank but seed rock is best. Take notice of the current flow and light level in the places you’re finding growth your seeds should take root there or in similar conditions. I find regular water changes keep my CA level fine without supplements.

reefkprz

its a calcium and Iodine supplement if your not testing for both dont use it. Iodine is easy to overdose a tank on. this in turn limits its usefullness because if they arent both low and you dose with it one could go too high....
I personally feel its spending way too much money for the water in the bottle and not neccesarily lots of calcium. compare the price to one bottle of calcium powder...... then consider most of whats in the bottle of purple up is water. its a rip off. just clever marketing, nothing spectacular.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by Aztec Reef
I would throw it away. Just keep alk,Cal & magnesium in check + good water flow. and wait...
I couldnt agree more.

joojoo

Using your fingernail or something else hard like, just scratch and flake off some chunks, it will help it spread.

snaredrum

Thanks for all the replies. I have a good start under the area with the heavest flow so I'm letting it go natural. Thanks again.