putting copepods and Micro algae in a refugium

flower

would it be ok to put copepods and Micro algae in a refugium together ?
Hi,

Macros are already loaded with copepods...so yes you can. Microalgae is like slime, and is viewed with a microscope. MACROalgae is the larger plants, which I'm sure is what you want in your refugium.

pfcbizz

Hi,

Macros are already loaded with copepods...so yes you can. Microalgae is like slime, and is viewed with a microscope. MACROalgae is the larger plants, which I'm sure is what you want in your refugium.
yes your right that's what I was talking about

pfcbizz

Thank you guy's for the advise, but today I was at my LFS and talking with my Dude that works there and he was telling me that unless I'm gonna have the type of fish that really eat copepods it's really a waste of money adding them and the list of fish I have and will have don't really eat copepods what do ya'll think ?

2quills

Thank you guy's for the advise, but today I was at my LFS and talking with my Dude that works there and he was telling me that unless I'm gonna have the type of fish that really eat copepods it's really a waste of money adding them and the list of fish I have and will have don't really eat copepods what do ya'll think ?
He's probably right in the sense that I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase them specifically.

They will populate naturally once introduced to the system via live rock, sand or macro algae like chaeto in most cases.

Otherwise they are still beneficial for processing waste in the system.

florida joe

I wont have any media but live sand
let me rephrase my question. is your refug connected to your DT ? if so are you useing a pump to reintroduce the water from your refug to your DT. if so does the pump have some kind of filter on its suction or discharge side

pfcbizz

let me rephrase my question. is your refug connected to your DT ? if so are you useing a pump to reintroduce the water from your refug to your DT. if so does the pump have some kind of filter on its suction or discharge side
I haven't purchased a return pump as of yet so I couldn't answer your question