Pygmy wasp fish

jay0705

Have you seen them on DD? Last few weeks very common. My issue is what tank? I'd like one for my new tank but my clown goby wouldn't lol

lmforbis

Check out Lionfish lair. She may have some info. I believe they are not good in tanks with really active fish. I'd say smaller fish as tank mates. Maybe species only with another wasp.
I see them all the time on DD. Someday I'll set up a small tank like a bio cube just for that. No real time now. Might be a good winter project for me.

lmforbis

Not sure. I'd go to reef to reef and do a search. The lady, Lionfish Lair is very knowledgeable about venomous fish. She keeps all kinds of them.

gkat66

I've had two ,a male and female pair. They were kept with a Royal Gramma , pair of sharpnose gobies , and an Azure damsel. I do not recommend trying to keep them with small ornamental shrimp. They are very docile fish and like to perch on rocks and macro algae.

gkat66

As far as keeping them with dwarf lions , IMHO it would be very risky. I kept mine in my peaceful tank because they could not compete for food with lions and may end up as being lunch themselves. They would be fine with leaf fish and other small mouthed scorps.