Q on a Feather Duster

jerth6932

Well I decided with my first post that I would ask about my feather duster. Don't ask....LOL.... but I have had my tank set up since Dec. 11th, and I got my Red/Pink feather duster on 01-17-06. Here is his deal..... He didn't open up for the first week, then when he did I got excited and put him where I want to place him in the tank. When I did this he decided that he didn't want to open up any more. Well till this night I went and played a trick on him and shocked him with my normal lights, he was open during the night... is this normal? He is very beautiful..... I just found out, cause i had not seen him. But is this normal that he would only come out at night? Cause if so I find that way unfair cause I want to sleep during the night .... not have to view him....lol.... I already know the who what when why and wheres are coming about the water peramiters...... so I will measure them.... Any ideas how I can draw him out during the day???? Thanks for anything you can provide!

blueangelc

Originally Posted by Jerth6932
Well I decided with my first post that I would ask about my feather duster. Don't ask....LOL.... but I have had my tank set up since Dec. 11th, and I got my Red/Pink feather duster on 01-17-06. Here is his deal..... He didn't open up for the first week, then when he did I got excited and put him where I want to place him in the tank. When I did this he decided that he didn't want to open up any more. Well till this night I went and played a trick on him and shocked him with my normal lights, he was open during the night... is this normal? He is very beautiful..... I just found out, cause i had not seen him. But is this normal that he would only come out at night? Cause if so I find that way unfair cause I want to sleep during the night .... not have to view him....lol.... I already know the who what when why and wheres are coming about the water peramiters...... so I will measure them.... Any ideas how I can draw him out during the day???? Thanks for anything you can provide!
Do you have anything in your tank that may harass the feather duster? I had one in my tank and I noticed that ever since he was harassed by my butterfly, he opens up mainly at night now. Occasionally mine also opens up during the day when he thinks it is safe. Yours sounds like normal to me.... Just give him more time to be comfortable, especially in the new environment.

chipmaker

Just give it time. Feather dusters are not dependant on a light source so to it day or night makes no difference when it opens or closes.......

jerth6932

only fish I have in my tank is an Alge blenny, but he is a son-of-a-gun.... he loves to nibble on every thing in my tank, but I have never seen him get him, mainly my snails cause they have the coraline Alge on their backs, and he loves to grab-shake-drop...lol.. But of course cause I asked my Q last night, he was open when I went and looked at him this morning. Thanks for everyones posts...... I almost was ready to give up on him, thought he was a goner. Glad I didn't cause he is Really nice!!! THX again!