Q TANK

cathys

HOW DO I SET UP A Q TANK WHAT DO I NEED TO BUY HOW DO I GO ABOUT IT. PLEASE SPEAK ENGLISH NONE OF THAT FISHY MUMBO JUMBO I'M NEW AT THIS.

fmarini

Cathy:
First off.....release the all caps button. ALL CAPS is consider screaming on the internet.
2-see that little "search" command in the uper right hand side. Please click on it and type in the terms quarentine tank and setup or quarentine tank and read.
No fish mumbo jumbo.
Lastly, since you are new please go out an purchase a good recent book on saltwater fish tanks. Cnsider Bob Fenners book , or Mike Palettas Marin aquarium handbook. Both are easy reads, highyl informative,and will teach you the lingo so you understand what everyone is taking about
frank

kev

First of all, the bigger the better. Most people that run QT tanks have them in the 10-20gal range. Basically you need 3 things.. a filter, light, and a heater. For the filter, anything will work you just need good water circulation, you could use a simple "waterfall type", to give your QT a type of mechanical filtration. Any light will work for all fish(you dont really have to have one, but its recommended to at least have some kind of light for your new arrivals). As with most tanks, you'll need a heater to keep the fish at the right temp. You dont need a substrate in a QT tank. Setting up a QT tank is just like setting up your main tank. If you have any more questions let me know.