QT tank

m000240

What is a good setup for a QT tank? PH, HOB filter, what? I have heard some people put a few PVC fittings in to allow the fish a place to hide. Also, how long do you QT fish for?

jhebi

Originally Posted by m000240
What is a good setup for a QT tank? PH, HOB filter, what? I have heard some people put a few PVC fittings in to allow the fish a place to hide. Also, how long do you QT fish for?
Welcome Moo...
I believe you need a tank, powerhead , heater if necessary and also some pvc's so your fish can have that feeling to hide..
QT your fish for about 3 weeks, and check for any signs, if everything is good, you can add to your tank.
And also keep a check on your QT parameters
The best way is to always QT your fishes. :cheer:

hot883

I agree to ^ post. If your maintank is cycled, then you can use that water to put in the qt and not have to cycle the qt. You will need to check the water quality though to ensure it remains good. The ideal situation is to add 1 fish at a time to the main tank. Wait 2-3 weeks and add another. The exception is with a pair of clowns, add them together. You will need an appropriate size qt too. A 5 gal. would do no good for a tang etc.

m000240

Thanks, forgot to mention, my name is Alex. Anyways, I was thinking of 10-15 gallons or so for the QT tank. I was going to use some of the left over acrylic I have from making my sump. Should I make it long and narrow or more square?
Alex
Honolulu, HI

milomlo

Hey guys I was thinking of using this square plastic storage container that I have for a QT. Will that be ok? I just don't want to have to store another tank. I do have a 2.5 gal would that be ok for 1 fish?