Qt Tank

My powder blue has ich. I have been putting in chemicals into my display tank. he was getting better. But yeterday it looks worse. I set up a 10 gallon qt yesterday. Will it be big enough or do does it need to be bigger?

m0nk

That depends on the size of the fish, but it's doubtful. If the fish is small it might work out.

m0nk

Guess I should note that chemical treatment likely won't work (unless it's copper based, and you shouldn't use copper in your display tank), but if you check out the Disease and Treatment forum you'll find tons of useful info. There's a sticky post in there by Beth that will be really useful.

I've been using stuff that is " reef safe" in the tank. I plan on using copper stuff in the qt tank. The powder blue is small-medium. What do you think?

rudedog40

A 10 gallon tank is fine for doing the short-term QTing you need to do to the blue hippo. However, I don't believe hippos can tolerate a copper treatment. Search here on the boards to confirm, or see if Beth or some other person that is familiar with copper can confirm this. If you're gonna do the QT, you're better off trying hyposalinity treatment instead of copper. Go to the Disease forum for the instructions.